Adapting your home to accommodate an older friend or
relative can be easy. Here are some safety tips:
1) Construct bathrooms on the first floor.
2) Install a bench seat in the shower.
3) Install handrails in the bathroom for support and balance.
4) Install outdoor ramp for easy entry into the home.
5) Alter the shower for walk-in rather than step-over entry.
6) Create wider door openings that are wheelchair accessible.
7) Secure carpets & remove any throw rugs to avoid slipping.
8) Install sensor lights in hallways.
9) Consider leveling flooring to prevent falls.
10) Customize cabinets for those with limited mobility.